As an Intern at Technophillia system, we had to Design a low cost educational kit ( Line follower robot) for school students to introduce them to the world of robotics and programming.
A line follower robot is a robot which follows a certain path controlled by a feedback mechanism.
Building a basic Line Follower Robot involves the following steps.
- Designing the mechanical part or the body of the robot
- Defining the kinematics of the robots
- Designing the control of the robot
Applications of line follower robot:
- Industrial Applications: These robots can be used as automated equipment carriers in industries replacing traditional conveyer belts.
- Automobile applications: These robots can also be used as automatic cars running on roads with embedded magnets.
- Domestic applications: These can also be used at homes for domestic purposes like floor cleaning etc.
- Guidance applications: These can be used in public places like shopping malls, museums etc to provide path guidance
Ritwik Avaneesh, Gabriel Thomas, Siddharth Kataria